The third stop on the FIT Family Series presented by Go Fast Multisport is at the beautiful Caesar Creek State Park on July 12-13. Triathletes will be treated to swim courses in the beautiful Caesar Creek Lake. Duathletes will start off with a fast out and back run within the park. The bike courses are described as rolling on mostly winding country roads surrounding the park. The final run is an out and back run that features a long section across the old dam levy on gravel roads. [GET REGISTERED]
Online registration closes at Noon on July 10th.
Water Quality Advisory Alert – Just as in 2013, the beach is OPEN but an advisory has been posted for those Children and Elderly as of July 3rd, 2014. This advisory WILL NOT change the July 13 Caesar Creek Triathlon in anyway. However, if the advisory is not lifted the July 12 Kidz Triathlon will be changed to a duathlon. We’ll have any updates on our Facebook page.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Make sure to go to http://www.hfpracing.com/events/fit/caesarcreek/course.htm and print off a course map if you need one. There will be NO course map copies at the race site. We will only have the maps on our race results monitors at the registration area.
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/faq.htm for most of the important questions pertaining to the event.
FIRST TIMER OR JUST UNFAMILIAR WITH THE USA TRIATHLON RULES?
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/race-rules.htm for more information.
ALSO CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR A HANDY CHECKLIST
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.
Shannon Kurek, Race Director
aka HFP Man
Saturday, July 12 — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*
- (Ages 10 & under) 100y Swim — 5k Bike — ½mi Run
- (Ages 11–15) 200y Swim — 10k Bike — 1mi Run
*Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Ages 10 & under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–15)
Saturday, July 12 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
- (3:30pm–4:30pm) for Sunday courses and races
Sunday, July 13 — Caesar Creek Triathlon & Duathlon
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- 8:00am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
- 9:15am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 10 & under)
- 7:30am — Mini Women’s start
- 7:40am — Mini Men’s start
- 7:50am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
- 7:50am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 8:00am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Caesar Creek State Park Beach Area
- Saturday, July 12 from 6:00am–9:00am (Kidz Only)
- Saturday, July 12 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, July 13 from 6:00am–7:30am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
OPEN WATER TECHNIQUE & TRAINING / Caesar Creek State Park
Liquid Lifestyles Swimming – The Official Swim Partner of HFP Racing / www.LiquidLifestyles.com
Learn energy saving techniques that will have you swimming faster, more comfortably and are guaranteed to better prepare you for your race!
Liquid Lifestyles Swimming has partnered with HFP Racing to bring you venue-specific training clinics designed to maximize your success and racing experience at each of their open water and pool events! Both beginner and advanced swimmers will benefit from the specialized swim instruction and detailed course preview. Triathlon specific skills such as sighting and navigational techniques, pack swimming, drafting techniques, buoy turns, entry and exit strategies, tempo training and stroke mechanics will be covered! Q&A will follow. Create lasting improvements in your technique, performance and satisfaction this season with Liquid Lifestyles Premier Swim Instruction! All participants should be proficient at swimming 200 yds. continuously and comfortable in deep water
Caesar Creek State Park - Waynesville, OH (map
) / Clinic will begin at the official HFP swim start location
Schedule: Saturday, July 12: 2:00-3:00pm (Prior to the HFP Course Preview)
Registration / Cost:
$20/person. Online payment and registration HERE
or drop-in registration on the day of the event at the Liquid Lifestyles expo tent
WHAT TO BRING:
· Swim Suit / Wetsuit (optional)
· Goggles - We carry the Finis line of Open Water Goggles, designed specifically for optimal sighting in Triathlon. Available for purchase directly on site: HD Amber ($20) or Polarized Open Water Goggles ($40)
· Swim Caps will be provided - All participants will be given a Green Liquid Lifestyles Swim Cap to wear during the clinic to confirm registration status and improve visibility
· Registration Waiver
* We will have a variety of swim-related products and self-help tools available for purchase. Acceptable forms of payment include cash or check, payable to Liquid Lifestyles
Liquid Lifestyles, Inc.
Founder / Head Coach
Click Here to join us on Facebook and stay connected with all things swimming!