The second stop on the FIT Family Series is the beautiful Maumee Bay State Park. This beautiful park comes equipped with a modern resort and golf course. Triathletes will be treated to a swim in a small man-made lake adjacent to Maumee Bay. Duathletes will open up with an out around the man-made lake that provides spectators excellent viewing of the entire race as it unfolds. The bike courses are loop courses on very flat country roads surrounding the park. The final runs are around the man-made lake giving participants spectacular views of Maumee Bay. Online registration closes on Friday, June 17th at Midnight. IMPORTANT COURSE CHANGE UPDATE – Due to ongoing pipeline construction in Oregon, Ohio the bike course for this weekends Mini, Sprint and Olympic distance races have been altered. The course map link online will be updated soon. However, you can download course map here to see all the details.
- 12:30pm (changed to 3:00pm) at registration tent area / REGISTER
Saturday, June 18 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
- (2:00pm) for all Sunday courses and races
Saturday, June 18 — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*
Age on December 31st of this year
- (Ages 10 & under) 100y Swim — 5k Bike — ½mi Run
- (Ages 11–15) 200y Swim — 10k Bike — 1mi Run
*Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Ages 10 & Under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–15)
Sunday, June 19 — Maumee Bay Triathlon & Duathlon
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- 2:00pm — Transition area opens for Kidz races
- 3:00pm — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
- 4:15pm — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 10 & Under)
- 6:00–7:30am — Transition area open
- 7:30am — Mini Women’s start
- 7:40am — Mini Men’s start
- 7:45am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
- 7:45am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 8:05am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Maumee State Park Beach Area
- Saturday, June 18 from 10:00am–3:00pm
- Sunday, June 19 from 6:00am–7:15am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
SATURDAY START TIMES
3:00pm — Kidz Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
3:05pm — Kidz Triathlon (three at a time starting with age 15)
KIDZ 10 & UNDER
4:15pm — Kidz Duathlon (Ages 10 & under)
4:20pm — Kidz Triathlon (three at a time starting with age 10)
SUNDAY START TIMES
7:30am —ALL women in Mini Triathlon
7:40am – All men in the Mini Triathlon
7:45am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
7:45am — Sprint Triathlon Elite Men, Men 29 & under
7:48am — Sprint Triathlon Men 30-39, Clydesdale
7:51am — Sprint Triathlon Men 40-49
7:54am — Sprint Triathlon Men 50+, Sprint Relay Team, Aquabike Men
7:57am — Sprint Triathlon Women, Athena, Aquabike Women
8:05am — Olympic Triathlon Elite Men, Men 29 & under
8:08am — Olympic Triathlon Men 30-39, Clydesdale
8:11am — Olympic Triathlon Men 40-49
8:14am — Olympic Triathlon Men 50+, Olympic Relay Team, Aquabike Men
8:17am — Olympic Triathlon Women, Athena, Aquabike Women
**Your Age Group wave is your USA Triathlon age based on 12/31/16
HFP Racing Swim Start Procedure (Kids, Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
As indicated in the above schedule each division will be called to the start line based on their age or division. We will send off each wave 3 participants at a time every 3 seconds. This allows for better flow and safety during the swim portion of the race. It is very important for participants to be ready to entry the start corral when called to the start line so please plan accordingly.
USA Triathlon Rule 3.2a. All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age group division corresponding to the athlete’s age on December 31 of the year of the event.
- Kidz Age Groups — 7 & Under, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- Age Group — 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Elite Open* — Amateur 15-39 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Master* — Amateur 40-49 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Grand Master* — Amateur 50+ years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Clydesdale — Males racing weight groups in two age groups:
- under 40 & 220+lbs
- over 40 & 220+lbs
- Athena — Females racing weights group, not age group — 150lbs+
- Aquabike — racing only the swim and bike portions only (no running)
*The elite divisions are only for the sprint & Olympic distance triathlon or duathlon participants. Those competing in these divisions are not eligible for age group awards.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon or duathlon we offer a relay division for our sprint and Olympic distance triathlons and duathlons. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner); each member will complete one segment of the race (2 members for duathlon teams). Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their assigned bike rack. There are NO age groups in this division.
All finishers will receive a handsome finisher medal and the top three in each division will receive custom awards (including relay teams).
P.R. MULTISPORT & SWIM CLINIC $25
Race Coaching Expertise ~ Through Education and Years of Experience!
P.R. Multisport is proud to partner with HFP Racing to host the on-site swim and triathlon clinics at select events, for beginner to advanced triathletes. Don’t miss out on gaining the edge and insights from our over 35 years in training and racing Multisport with many successes! Our goal is to HELP you to achieve your personal multisport goals with speed, safely, and having fun along the way, in reaching your potential and reaching your own PR.
We will cover:
- Technique discussion on fundamentals and how to apply them, with video examples!
- On-site in-water swim course talk and training
- Race and triathlon training tactics for all 3 sports + transitioning
- PLUS: Q&A from you! All you need to know
Read some client testimonials
About the Coaches and Coaching Philosophy
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
WHERE IS MAUMEE BAY STATE PARK?
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/faq.htm for most of the important questions pertaining to the event.
FIRST TIMER OR JUST UNFAMILIAR WITH THE USA TRIATHLON RULES?
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/race-rules.htm for more information.
ALSO CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR A HANDY CHECKLIST
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.
Shannon Kurek, Race Director