The recently announced Worthington Triathlon & Duathlon scheduled for Sunday, July 2 in Worthington, Ohio is offering a 25% discount for anyone registering before March 1. Use the code “WTD-SALE-2017” when registering for the event online.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Worthington Pools will host a family friendly multisport event featuring a sprint distance triathlon & duathlon for the adults and a kid friendly distance triathlon & duathlon for kids 15 & under. This event is a perfect fit for someone giving triathlon a “tri” for the very first time or the veteran triathlete looking for a short and fast mid-season race. The adult triathlon and duathlon events get things started at 7:00am. The adult swim begins with a 400 yard serpentine* pool swim in the “40 yard” outdoor pool or a 5k run (duathlon), followed by a 2-lap 10 mile bike through the streets of Worthington, then closing with an out and back 5k run on the paved Olentangy Trail. The youth triathlon & duathlon events begin at 10am for youth 11-15 years and older and at 10:45am for youth ages 10 & under. [GET REGISTERED NOW]
Saturday, July 1
- (2:00pm) — HFP Course Talk and Preview for all Sunday courses and races
Sunday, July 2
- Adult Triathlon/Duathlon:
400y Swim (5k Run) — 10mi Bike — 5k Run
- Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*:
Age on December 31st of this year
(Age 10 & under) 100y Swim — 2.5mi Bike — ½mi Run
(Ages 11–15) 200y Swim — 5mi Bike — 1mi Run
*Kidz Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Age 10 & under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–15)
- 7:00am — Adult Triathlon/Duathlon
- 10:00am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
- 10:45am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Age 10 & under)
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
400 W Dublin Granville Rd, Worthington, OH 43085, 614-885-1619
- Saturday, July 1 from 10:00am–2:00pm
- Sunday, July 2 from 6:00am–9:45am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
USA Triathlon Rule 3.2a. All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age group division corresponding to the athlete’s age on December 31 of the year of the event.
- Kids Age Groups — 7 & under, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- Age Group — 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Elite Open* — Amateur 15-39 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Master* — Amateur 40-49 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Grand Master* — Amateur 50+ years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Clydesdale — Males racing weight groups in two age groups:
- under 40 & 220+lbs
- over 40 & 220+lbs
- Athena — Females racing weights group, not age group — 150lbs+
- Aquabike — racing only the swim and bike portions only (no running)
*The elite divisions are only for the sprint triathlon or duathlon participants. Those competing in these divisions are not eligible for age group awards.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon or duathlon we offer a relay division. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner); each member will complete one segment of the race (2 members for duathlon teams). Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their assigned bike rack. There are NO age groups in this division.
All finishers will receive a handsome finisher medal.