PORTSMOUTH, OHIO – After much discussion and deliberation race officials of the 13th annual American Triple-T have decided it’s time for the event to evolve once again. Once a team only event, the American Triple-T soon added a solo division a few years after the inaugural event. Now after taking a look at the registration demographics, race officials have come to the conclusion it’s time for the event once again evolve and make changes that address the diminishing team entries (only 50 participants of the current 306 entries which make up just 25 teams) and also changes to attract more participants to this awesome event.
2016 AMERICAN TRIPLE-T CHANGES:
- 5 year age groups for all solo/individual participants.
- Team scoring will score total time of both athletes (teams will still start together on race #3 & race #4 but no longer do teammates need to stay with their teammate during the event).
- The draft legal format of the teams has been dropped which allows for all events to be ranked per the normal USA Triathlon rankings (teams may daft on the swim & run but not on the bike on race #3 & race #4).
- Finisher jackets for those tough enough to complete the original 140+ mile
- American Triple-T will offer two distances “XT” (xtreme tri) and “ST” (sprint tri).
American Triple-T XT is the original 140+ mile distance event that features a Friday Super Sprint Triathlon, followed by an AM & PM Olympic Distance Triathlon on Saturday and finishing on Sunday with a challenging Half Iron Distance Triathlon. The American Triple-T ST will be a 70+ mile distance event that will feature a Friday Super Sprint Triathlon, followed by an AM & PM Sprint Triathlon on Saturday and finishing on Sunday with a challenging Olympic Distance Triathlon. The American Triple-T XT will feature dominant RED tri tops and the American Triple-T ST will feature dominant BLUE tri tops to provide instant differentiation of each participant racing.
Go to www.AmericanTriple-T.com for more information.
New for 2016 is a sophisticated algorithm that was developed by TriRegistration.com to better determine the true champions from HFP’s FIT Family Series and new for 2016, the HFP Ohio Rankings which will rank athletes participating in all HFP events regardless of distance. The series points system gives the average time for each event 100 points (110 for Sprint, 120 for Olympic, and 130 for Half). Your points will be the average time (in seconds) multiplied by 100, then divided by your time (in seconds). If you are faster than the average time, then you will have more than 100 points. This allows us to get a consistent points system that isn’t affected by the number of participants in a particular event or by the time of the overall winner, which can vary greatly depending on who shows up. Your total points is the sum of your 3 highest point totals, so you must complete 3 races to qualify.
Both the FIT Series awards and the HFP Ohio Rankings system will use this method to compute the points earned at each event. From there it is different:
FIT Series Awards are grouped by race distance, thus separate series awards will be given for Sprint Tri, Sprint Du, Olympic Tri, and so on, so you must do 3 races in the FIT series of the same distance (and in the same category) to qualify for a series award.
HFP Ohio Rankings are only divided by sport (triathlon and duathlon), so all races count towards your overall ranking regardless of distance. It is separated by sport and category though.
The best part of this new ranking system? The rankings are published immediately after we post the results online!
WHO: roll: racing and HFP Racing
WHAT: Triathlon 101: The Basics
WHY: The sport of triathlon is growing by leaps and bounds. Newcomers are often overwhelmed by all the gear, all the race possibilities, and the options for training. Listen to roll: racing teammates share tips and stories about getting into the sport. Learn the basics – what you really need, how to train, and how to approach race day. This casual clinic will give you a chance to ask questions about all aspects of the sport. Come prepared to get informed and get inspired!
WHEN: Saturday, February 20, 2016 from 5
RSVP: Michelle Newman Brady at email@example.com
Team HFP Racing is an official USA Triathlon sanctioned club and is open to the public. Team HFP will serve as a place where HFP Athletes can encourage and challenge each other on the course, while building friendships off it.
The HFP Team Store will open on January 15th.
All sales are final once they are placed. Our team Account Manager (Lori Liedy) has the ability to go in and adjust SIZES while the team store is OPEN, but she cannot adjust QUANTITIES. If team members decide they want additional items, they must submit a second order.
The team store will close the afternoon of January 25th. Once the store is closed, no additional orders can be accepted and from that point all orders will go into Production and the 5 week guaranteed delivery time frame begins. Items purchased within a team store are not put into production until the entire store closes, not calculated 5 weeks according to the order date.
Shipping of your items will be by Fed Ex. Please verify the correct shipping address and Fed Ex cannot ship to a P.O. Box. Your team store is individual shipping; shipping costs are $9.00 plus 2% of your total purchase. Sales tax is calculated accordingly.
When you access the Team Store, you will see the Team Kit items listed first, they can also be broken out by garment line to view. Across the top is a category called Quick Ship Items. These items are available to our team members to purchase at a 10% discount of what you would normally pay on the Pactimo retail site. All Quick Ship Items will be shipped directly from the Pactimo offices in Colorado within 3-5 business days at no additional shipping cost to team members. This is a good opportunity to purchase items such as base layers or jackets at a discount.
If you have any specific ordering questions please contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the link to the HFP Team Store:
Password – TEAMHFP2016
- A team of enthusiastic, dedicated amateurs triathletes and duathletes with day jobs. We like to race locally, regionally and some of us nationally.
- We are an inclusive team of individuals of different experiences and abilities. We are not semi-pro. If you believe you are, we’re probably not a good fit.
- We race because we love it. We love it because we are competitive and we enjoy testing ourselves. And because we get to race against our friends.
- We commit to participate in a minimum of 4 HFP Racing races and / or events a year.
- We are the ambassadors of HFP Racing: and of our race team sponsors (ie:Roll).
- When we race, we are the heroes! We are not the jerks.
- We thank our sponsor for supporting our racing habit, by actively supporting, promoting and reinvesting in our sponsors (Roll) businesses, the brands they carry, and their people in return.
- We also commit to support each other. On race days and on the days in between.
- 10% off any regular bike, clothing or gear purchases in all roll: stores.
- Team specific group buys (Pactimo) on consumables at deeper discounts.
- TBD discounts at all HFP Racing events. Discounts start at 15% and move up based on your contribution to the team.
- 10% off service labor at Roll:, as well as priority scheduling before race day.
- Infinit Nutrition discounts (tba)
- BOOM Energy Gel discounts (tba)
- We understand life gets in the way sometimes, and that make it hard to complete our commitments to the team.
- Everyone gets a onetime pass to come back next year at the discretion of the team leadership.
- Team members who have met their commitment, that don’t want to return to the team the following year will be heartily thanked for their contributions, and still welcomed under the HFP tent at the races.
- Departing team members who have not met their commitments by the end of the year, will be asked to contribution to an HFP Racing charity, equal to the $’s discounts they received from our sponsors during the season.
- Always follow USA Triathlon & USA Cycling rules and exhibit the highest of all sportsmanlike conduct.
- Purchase a minimum of at least one 2016 tri top & one tri bottom per season.
Race all 2016 events (HFP or others — minus Team USA events) in official 2016 Team HFP apparel.
- Race a minimum of 3 HFP Racing events.
- Volunteer at a minimum of 1 HFP Racing event per year that you will NOT be racing in during the 2016 season.
- Distribute HFP Racing promotional materials in your local area workout facilities, bike/triathlon shops, nutrition stores, etc…
- Encourage and cheer on finishers after you’re done racing.
- All members are encouraged to warm-up and cool down with non team members.
- Have a huge impact on the sport by being a great steward of multisport.
- Introduce at least 3 people to the sport and get them to an HFP event.
- You must be or become a yearly USAT Member before receiving any Team benefits.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for my blog. I thought it was kind of cool and maybe something that might interest some of my readers. Thanks for supporting HFP Racing! Looking forward to seeing you at a race soon.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 34,000 times in 2015. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 13 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Click here to see the complete report.
The HFP Racing annual Super Sale!
The HFP Racing Super Sale is our way of saying thanks to our thousands of loyal customers that continue to support us for the last 26 years!! YES – HFP Racing is entering its 27th season of racing in 2016. We look forward to seeing you at an event in 2016. Have a very blessed 2016.
Now is the BEST time to start planning for your 2016 season and HFP has just the motivation to not only get your entire 2016 season planned out BUT also to save you significant dollars in the process. On January 1st at 12:01am registration opens for the entire 2016 season AND anyone registering for select HFP events (see list below)through January 15th at Midnight will get a discount of 25% during. This is the LOWEST PRICES on that any HFP Racing event for the entire year. Don’t miss this opportunity to save some serious coin on your favorite HFP Racing event. Use the code “HFPSUPERSALE2016” when registering online during this time to get your discount. Code is case sensitive and will not work unless you type it in just as it is written above in ALL CAPS. Discounts are NOT retroactive for events already registered for and can not be combined with other discounts.
HFP Racing Super Sale Direct Registration Links:
Helen Georgia Training Camp — April 4 to April 10, 2016
O’Bleness Health System Race for a Reason — April 23, 2016
FIT Family Series — 2016 SERIES ENTRY
American Triple-T Shawnee — May 20-22, 2016
Little Smokies Triathlon — May 22, 2016
FIT Family Series — Deer Creek State Park – June 4-5, 2016
FIT Family Series — Maumee Bay State Park – June 18-19, 2016
Mohican Endurance Festival — Pleasant Hill Lake Park – June 26, 2016
FIT Family Series — Caesar Creek State Park – July 9-10, 2016
Mason Tri-umphant Triathlon/Duathlon, Kids Triathlon & 5k — July 17, 2016
Great Buckeye Challenge — Buck Creek State Park – July 24, 2016
SOMC Tri for your LIFE — July 31, 2016
FIT Family Series — Alum Creek State Park – August 6-7, 2016
FIT Family Series — Linwood Park – August 20-21, 2016
FIT Family Series — Portage Lakes State Park – September 17-18, 2016
Deer Creek Fall Challenge – September 25, 2016
Appalachian Triathlon/Duathlon & Hocking Mud Run – October 8, 2016
Looking forward to seeing you at a 2016 race!
Shannon Kurek, Race Director
aka HFP Man