This is your final communication from HFP Racing before we leave later today for Maumee Bay State Park. Please bring any last minute questions or changes to the park with you as our customer service staff will be on location.
IMPORTANT START TIME CHANGES FROM DEER CREEK
In order to keep folks from loitering in the transition area too long and causing problems with the earlier events we changed our start times and ALL participants MUST be out of transition by 7:30am. With nearly 700 participants anticipated for Sunday’s race PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY. Once the first race starts at 7:30am NO ONE will be permitted into the transition area to set up for their race. Please plan accordingly.
Here are the new start and weekend schedule times:
Saturday, June 15 — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*
- (Ages 10 & under) 100y Swim — 5k Bike — ½mi Run
- (Ages 11–14) 200y Swim — 10k Bike — 1mi Run
*Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Ages 10 & under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–14)
Saturday, June 15 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
- (3:30pm–4:30pm) for Sunday courses and races
Sunday, June 16 — Maumee Bay Triathlon & Duathlon
- Women’s Only Triathlon: 250y Swim — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 23k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- 8:00am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–14)
- 9:00am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 10 & under)
- 7:30am — Women’s Only Triathlon & all Women in Mini Triathlon
- 7:40am — All Men in Mini Triathlon
- 7:50am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 7:50am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
- 8:00am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Maumee Bay State Park Beach Area
- Saturday, June 15 from 6:00am–7:45am (Kidz Only)
- Saturday, June 15 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, June 16 from 6:00am–7:30am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Make sure to go to http://www.hfpracing.com/events/fit/maumeebay/course.htm and print off a course map if you need one. There will be NO course map copies at the race site. We will only have the enlarged maps at the registration area.
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/faq.htm for most of the important questions pertaining to the event.
FIRST TIMER OR JUST UNFAMILIAR WITH THE USA TRIATHLON RULES?
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/race-rules.htm for more information.
ALSO CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR A HANDY CHECKLIST
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.
Shannon Kurek, Race Director