This is your final communication from HFP Racing before we leave later today for Linwood Park in beautiful Vermilion, Ohio. Please bring any last minute questions or changes to the park with you as our customer service staff will be on location. Not registered yet? [REGISTER NOW] Closes 8-15 (TODAY) at Midnight!
IMPORTANT START TIMES FOR LINWOOD PARK
In order to get folks through the bike courses with the least amount of traffic interruption the Linwood Park Sunday races start at 7:00am – 30 minutes earlier than the rest of the FIT Family Series presented by Go Fast Multisport. ALL participants MUST be out of transition by 7:00am on Sunday. With over 650 participants anticipated for Sunday’s race PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY – there is NO parking inside Linwood Park, follow the parking signs and parking volunteers instructions on race morning. Once the first race starts at 7:00am – NO ONE will be permitted into the transition area to set up for their race. Please plan accordingly.
Here are the start and weekend schedule times:
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE
Saturday, August 17 — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*
- (Ages 10 & under) 100y Swim — 5k Bike — ½mi Run
- (Ages 11–14) 200y Swim — 10k Bike — 1mi Run
*Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Ages 10 & under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–14)
Saturday, August 17 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
- (3:30pm–4:30pm) for Sunday courses and races
Sunday, August 18 — Vermilion Harbour Triathlon & Duathlon
- Women’s Only Triathlon: 250y Swim — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- 8:00am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–14)
- 9:10am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 10 & under)
- 7:00am — Women’s Only Triathlon & all Women in Mini Triathlon
- 7:10am — All Men in Mini Triathlon
- 7:20am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 7:20am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
- 7:30am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Linwood Park Beach Area
- Saturday, August 17 from 6:00am–7:45am (Kidz Only)
- Saturday, August 17 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, August 18 from 6:00am–7:30am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Make sure to go to http://www.hfpracing.com/events/fit/linwood/course.htm and print off a course map if you need one. There will be NO course map copies at the race site. We will only have the maps on our race results monitors at the registration area.
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/faq.htm for most of the important questions pertaining to the event.
FIRST TIMER OR JUST UNFAMILIAR WITH THE USA TRIATHLON RULES?
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/race-rules.htm for more information.
ALSO CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR A HANDY CHECKLIST
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.
Shannon Kurek, Race Director