Season Opener at Deer Creek – May 31 & June 1
Nearly 600 participants already registered!
Online Registration Ends Thursday, May 29th at Midnight
Located in the heart of Ohio’s agricultural country, Deer Creek State Park is one of central Ohio’s vacation showplaces. A collage of meadows and woodlands surround the scenic reservoir. This 2,337-acre resort park features a modern lodge, cottages, campground, golf course, swimming beach and boating for outdoor enthusiasts. [GET REGISTERED]
This venue offers courses that are mostly flat and fast with some rolling hills on the bike. Triathletes will be swimming along the beach in Deer Creek Lake. Duathlete’s opening run is out and back featuring a run across the Deer Creek dam levy. So, don’t forget your cross country legs. The bike courses are on mostly local country roads. The races finish with an out and back run that crosses the Deer Creek dam levy and heads onto a local country road. The run course is almost completely flat but does require extra effort when crossing the grass-covered levy. This race is a perfect “first race of the season” to get you ready for an exciting season of racing. [GET REGISTERED]
New for 2014 is a fully sublimated tech t-shirt. This shirt will give participants a more comfortable t-shirt that will be great for training or chilling in at dinner or the movies.
Fully sublimated tech t-shirt…
…and the matching finisher medal.
About the FIT Family Series: Welcome to one of America’s longest running multisport series — the 23rd Annual FIT Family Series. Throughout the summer, the FIT Family Series visits six beautiful venues. Each venue features a Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon on Saturday followed by a mini, sprint & Olympic distance triathlon and duathlon on Sunday. So whether you’re racing for an overall title or giving multisport racing a try for the first time, the FIT Family Series is for YOU! It’s ALL ABOUT FUN! [GET REGISTERED]
Saturday, May 31 — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*
- (Ages 10 & under) 100y Swim — 5k Bike — ½mi Run
- (Ages 11–15) 200y Swim — 10k Bike — 1mi Run
*Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Ages 10 & Under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–15)
Saturday, May 31 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
- (3:30pm–4:30pm) for all Sunday courses and races
Sunday, June 1 — Deer Creek Triathlon & Duathlon
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- 8:00am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
- 9:15am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 10 & Under)
- 7:30am — Mini Women’s start
- 7:40am — Mini Men’s start
- 7:50am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
- 7:50am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 8:00am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
- PLEASE NOTE – transition area closes at 7:30am
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Deer Creek State Park Beach Area
- Saturday, May 31 from 6:00am–7:45am (Kidz Only)
- Saturday, May 31 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, June 1 from 6:00am–7:15am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
Special Note from Race Director Shannon Kurek:
Every year folks underestimate how long it takes to get to this park from the interstate. Please plan at least an 45-60 minutes drive from the Mt.Sterling exit off I-71 on race morning. It will be dark and there will be lots of other athletes making their way to the same location. Parking is next to the transition area but is limited so arrive early so you can relax and avoid the long lines at the Porta Jons and Packet Pickup. If possible make every effort to pick up your race packet on Saturday from Noon to 5:00pm. Kidz racers may only pick up their packet on Saturday morning. Good luck and have a GREAT RACE DAY!