PORTSMOUTH, OHIO – After much discussion and deliberation race officials of the 13th annual American Triple-T have decided it’s time for the event to evolve once again. Once a team only event, the American Triple-T soon added a solo division a few years after the inaugural event. Now after taking a look at the registration demographics, race officials have come to the conclusion it’s time for the event once again evolve and make changes that address the diminishing team entries (12% of the field) and also changes to attract more participants to this awesome event.
2016 AMERICAN TRIPLE-T CHANGES:
- 5 year age groups for all solo/individual participants.
- Team scoring will score total time of both athletes (teams will still start together on race #3 & race #4 but no longer do teammates need to stay with their teammate during the event).
- The draft legal format of the teams has been dropped which allows for all events to be ranked per the normal USA Triathlon rankings (teams may daft on the swim & run but not on the bike on race #3 & race #4).
- Finisher jackets for those tough enough to complete the original 140+ mile
- American Triple-T will offer two distances “XT” (xtreme tri) and “ST” (sprint tri).
American Triple-T XT is the original 140+ mile distance event that features a Friday Super Sprint Triathlon, followed by an AM & PM Olympic Distance Triathlon on Saturday and finishing on Sunday with a challenging Half Iron Distance Triathlon. The American Triple-T ST will be a 70+ mile distance event that will feature a Friday Super Sprint Triathlon, followed by an AM & PM Sprint Triathlon on Saturday and finishing on Sunday with a challenging Olympic Distance Triathlon. The American Triple-T XT will feature dominant RED tri tops and the American Triple-T ST will feature dominant BLUE tri tops to provide instant differentiation of each participant racing.
Go to www.AmericanTriple-T.com for more information.