Welcome to the Helen, Georgia Training Camp!
I look forward to spending this week with everyone as we enjoy pushing each other (to new limits) and getting to know each other more. The scheduled workouts are somewhat dependant on the weather. If the forecast calls for all-day rain we may move the longer rides to another day but come prepared to train in all conditions. I will communicate with each cabin in the morning if there are any changes to the schedule.
Though this is a non-supported (we have no sag wagons) training camp, the camp is broken into 3 ability levels. I will keep the A group together, Don Cain has volunteered to keep B+ group together and Kary Chan has volunteered to keep the B group together. If a C group is needed we’ll nominate a lead for that group too.
Athlete Responsibilities & Reminders
- Come PREPARED (prepared physically and with proper clothing for all weather)
- Check in with Shannon at the cabin upon arrival (740-963-4285)
- Bring your special diet foods for breakfasts and snacks throughout the workouts
- Lunch is usually during a workout on top of a mountain, so bring what you need on the bike (bars, gel, fruit). There is a great local grocery store in Helen to stock up.
- Campers are encouraged to go shopping at the local market and purchase dinner foods to help us prepare the 2 dinners hosted at the Sleeping Bear cabin.
- Bring a good attitude!! You will work hard, you will be tired! Get to sleep after dinner for rest and recovery to work hard again next day.
Important Camp Links
- Cabin Assignments and Locations
- Swim workout venue map
- Ruby Falls run map
- Helen to Brasstown Bald ride map
- Lake Burton Hiawassee ride map
- Helen 6-Gap ride map
- Helen 3-Gap + Craig’s Gap ride map
- Devils Branch Expanded II ride map
Thanks so much again for joining us on this epic week of training.