Welcome to one of America’s longest running multisport series — the 25th Annual FIT Family Series. Throughout the summer, the FIT Family Series visits six beautiful venues. Each venue features a Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon on Saturday followed by a mini, sprint & Olympic distance triathlon and duathlon on Sunday. So whether you’re racing for an overall title or giving multisport racing a try for the first time, the FIT Family Series is for YOU! It’s ALL ABOUT FUN!
This weekends season opening FIT Family Series at Deer Creek State Park looks to have some great summer weather for this series opener. We have Great fun and Great racing scheduled for two days on June 4-5. Online registration closes on Friday, June 3rd at Midnight.
Located in the heart of Ohio’s agricultural country, Deer Creek State Park is one of central Ohio’s vacation showplaces. A collage of meadows and woodlands surround the scenic reservoir. This 2,337-acre resort park features a modern lodge, cottages, campground, golf course, swimming beach and boating for outdoor enthusiasts.
This venue offers courses that are mostly flat and fast with some rolling hills on the bike. Triathletes will be swimming along the beach in Deer Creek Lake. Duathlete’s opening run is out and back featuring a run across the Deer Creek dam levy. So, don’t forget your cross country legs. The bike courses are on mostly local country roads. The races finish with an out and back run that crosses the Deer Creek dam levy and heads onto a local country road. The run course is almost completely flat but does require extra effort when crossing the grass-covered levy. This race is a perfect “first race of the season” to get you ready for an exciting season of racing.
Saturday, June 4 — P.R. Multisport & Swim Clinic
- 12:30pm at registration tent area / REGISTER
Saturday, June 4 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
Saturday, June 4 — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*
Age on December 31st of this year
*Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Ages 10 & Under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–15)
Sunday, June 5 — Deer Creek Triathlon & Duathlon
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- 2:00pm — Transition area opens for Kidz races
- 3:00pm — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
- 4:15pm — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 10 & Under)
- 6:00–7:30am — Transition area open
- 7:30am — Mini Women’s start
- 7:40am — Mini Men’s start
- 7:45am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
- 7:45am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 8:05am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Deer Creek State Park Beach Area
- Saturday, June 4 from 10:00am–3:00pm
- Sunday, June 5 from 6:00am–7:15am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
SATURDAY START TIMES
3:00pm — Kidz Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
3:05pm — Kidz Triathlon (three at a time starting with age 15)
KIDZ 10 & UNDER
4:15pm — Kidz Duathlon (Ages 10 & under)
4:20pm — Kidz Triathlon (three at a time starting with age 10)
SUNDAY START TIMES
7:30am —ALL women in Mini Triathlon
7:40am – All men in the Mini Triathlon
7:45am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
7:45am — Sprint Triathlon Elite Men, Men 29 & under
7:48am — Sprint Triathlon Men 30-39, Clydesdale
7:51am — Sprint Triathlon Men 40-49
7:54am — Sprint Triathlon Men 50+, Sprint Relay Team, Aquabike Men
7:57am — Sprint Triathlon Women, Athena, Aquabike Women
8:05am — Olympic Triathlon Elite Men, Men 29 & under
8:08am — Olympic Triathlon Men 30-39, Clydesdale
8:11am — Olympic Triathlon Men 40-49
8:14am — Olympic Triathlon Men 50+, Olympic Relay Team, Aquabike Men
8:17am — Olympic Triathlon Women, Athena, Aquabike Women
**Your Age Group wave is your USA Triathlon age based on 12/31/16
HFP Racing Swim Start Procedure (Kids, Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
As indicated in the above schedule each division will be called to the start line based on their age or division. We will send off each wave 3 participants at a time every 3 seconds. This allows for better flow and safety during the swim portion of the race. It is very important for participants to be ready to entry the start corral when called to the start line so please plan accordingly.
USA Triathlon Rule 3.2a. All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age group division corresponding to the athlete’s age on December 31 of the year of the event.
- Kidz Age Groups — 7 & Under, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- Age Group — 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Elite Open* — Amateur 15-39 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Master* — Amateur 40-49 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Grand Master* — Amateur 50+ years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Clydesdale — Males racing weight groups in two age groups:
- under 40 & 220+lbs
- over 40 & 220+lbs
- Athena — Females racing weights group, not age group — 150lbs+
- Aquabike — racing only the swim and bike portions only (no running)
*The elite divisions are only for the sprint & Olympic distance triathlon or duathlon participants. Those competing in these divisions are not eligible for age group awards.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon or duathlon we offer a relay division for our sprint and Olympic distance triathlons and duathlons. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner); each member will complete one segment of the race (2 members for duathlon teams). Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their assigned bike rack. There are NO age groups in this division.
All finishers will receive a handsome finisher medal and the top three in each division will receive custom awards (including relay teams).
P.R. MULTISPORT & SWIM CLINIC $25
Race Coaching Expertise ~ Through Education and Years of Experience!
P.R. Multisport is proud to partner with HFP Racing to host the on-site swim and triathlon clinics at select events, for beginner to advanced triathletes. Don’t miss out on gaining the edge and insights from our over 35 years in training and racing Multisport with many successes! Our goal is to HELP you to achieve your personal multisport goals with speed, safely, and having fun along the way, in reaching your potential and reaching your own PR.
We will cover:
- Technique discussion on fundamentals and how to apply them, with video examples!
- On-site in-water swim course talk and training
- Race and triathlon training tactics for all 3 sports + transitioning
- PLUS: Q&A from you! All you need to know
Read some client testimonials
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
WHERE IS DEER CREEK STATE PARK?
COURSE MAPS FOR ALL DISTANCES:
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/faq.htm for most of the important questions pertaining to the event.
FIRST TIMER OR JUST UNFAMILIAR WITH THE USA TRIATHLON RULES?
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/race-rules.htm for more information.
ALSO CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR A HANDY CHECKLIST
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.
Shannon Kurek, Race Director