The Great Buckeye Challenge — located at the beautiful Buck Creek State Park in Springfield, Ohio features a distance for everyone. The Great Buckeye Challenge features an exciting 2-lap 56 mile course for the Half Triathlon & Duathlon. Whether you want to go short or long, triathlon or duathlon, The Great Buckeye Challenge has the event for you. The event includes a mini, sprint, Olympic and half distance triathlon & duathlon. ALL FINISHERS will receive a HUGE custom made Great Buckeye Challenge FINISHER medal.
Online registration closes Friday, July 22nd at Midnight.
Saturday, July 23 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
- (2:00–3:00pm) for all weekend courses and races
Sunday, July 24 — Great Buckeye Challenge
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 10mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 14mi Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 25mi Bike — 10k Run
- Half: 1.2mi Swim (5k Run) — 56mi Bike — 13.1mi Run
- 6:00–7:30am — Transition area open
- 7:30am — Women’s Mini Triathlon
- 7:40am — Men’s Mini Triathlon
- 7:50am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint, Olympic, Half)
- 7:50am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 8:00am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
- 8:15am — Half Triathlon Waves
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Buck Creek State Park Beach Area
- Saturday, July 23 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, July 24 from 6:00am–7:30am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
USA Triathlon Rule 3.2a. All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age group division corresponding to the athlete’s age on December 31 of the year of the event.
- Age Group — 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Elite Open* — Amateur 15-39 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Master* — Amateur 40-49 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Grand Master* — Amateur 50+ years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Clydesdale — Males racing weight groups in two age groups:
- under 40 & 220+lbs
- over 40 & 220+lbs
- Athena — Females racing weights group, not age group — 150lbs+
- Aquabike — racing only the swim and bike portions only (no running)
*The elite divisions are only for the sprint, Olympic & half distance triathlon or duathlon participants. Those competing in these divisions are not eligible for age group awards.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon or duathlon we offer a relay division for our sprint, Olympic & half distance triathlons and duathlons. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner), each member will complete one segment of the race (2 members for duathlon teams). Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their assigned bike rack. There are NO age groups in this division.
All finishers will receive a handsome finisher medal and the top three in each division will receive custom awards (including relay teams).
Half Distance Bike Aid Stations
Bike bottles with GATORADE ENDURANCE Formula and Water will be available at two (2) aid stations. See Bike Course for exact locations. Additionally, there will be BOOM Energy Gel, cookies, pretzels and bananas available.
Run Course Aid Stations (All distances)
GATORADE ENDURANCE Formula and Water will be available at aid stations approx every mile. See Run Course for exact locations. Additionally, there will be BOOM Energy Gel, cookies, pretzels and bananas available.
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- Directions on how to get to Buck Creek State Park.
- Lodging in and around Springfield.
- Course maps for all distances.
- HFP Racing registration policies.
- FAQ’s for HFP Racing events.
- USA Triathlon common rule violations.
- Race weekend checklist.
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.