The City of Portsmouth will host the 5th annual “SOMC TRI for Your LIFE” brought to you by Southern Ohio Medical Center, as the organization seeks to build on wellness initiatives and grow the multisport community within the greater Southern Ohio region.
The SOMC Sprint Triathlon will take place on July 31 in Portsmouth, Ohio. The event will feature a youth triathlon at the Life Center Portsmouth. The event will kick-off with a “Wellington Healthy Dog Run” for those kids who want to show off their running skills without doing a triathlon. The youth triathlon will begin in the pool and progress to the bike course alongside the murals of the floodwall that depict the history of the community. The youth run will cap off the event and will occur through the campus green.
The Adult TRI will begin with a brief dip in the Life Center Portsmouth pool and then progress to a 3-lap 9 mile bike course. The run will feature a rolling 5k course through the streets of Portsmouth.
We hope you will mark your calendars and join us for this exciting event!
Online Registration Closes: July 29th, 2016 – 12:00 noon EST
Sunday, July 31 — Life Center Portsmouth
SOMC Tri for your LIFE:
- 200m Swim — 9mi Bike (3-lap course) — 5k Run
Age on December 31st of this year
- (Age 10 & under) 100m Swim — 5k Bike — ½mi Run
- (Ages 11–15) 200m Swim — 10k Bike — 1mi Run
Sunday, July 31
- 8:00am — SOMC Tri for your LIFE
- 11:00am — Kids Triathlon (Ages 11–15 and Age 10 & under)
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Life Center Portsmouth
- Saturday, July 30 from 1:00pm–3:00pm
- Sunday, July 31 from 6:00am–7:30am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- Directions on how to get to SOMC Life Center.
- Lodging in and around Portsmouth.
- HFP Racing registration policies.
- FAQ’s for HFP Racing events.
- USA Triathlon common rule violations.
- Race weekend checklist.
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.